Thursday, August 26, 2010

Pizza emergency

Sigh.

Tonight was supposed to be a healthy version of macaroni and cheese. But the culmination of poor planning and toddler meltdown meant we didn't make it to the store to buy our ingredients. My husband saved the day by picking up a pizza on the way home from Nick's, our favorite local joint. Our toppings were marinated chicken, spinach and mushrooms. Amir, my son, can be pretty persnickety about vegetables, but he gobbled down a large slice by himself. Must be pretty good stuff if he didn't notice the spinach and mushrooms draped all over his slice.

But this dinner fiasco (that tasted pretty darned good anyway) was a reminder that I need to menu plan with a detailed grocery list. My family definitely eats better and saves money the weeks that I'm on top of it. So there's my goal for next week's dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment